Formed in 1956, PROTECHNA has been part of the Belgian VANDEWIELE Group since 2011. As a leading supplier of high-quality thread and fabric control systems for use in many textile manufacturing processes, we have continuously expanded our product range for the textile processing and textile machinery construction industries over the years. Together with a global network of more than 60 sales partners, we offer our customers a comprehensive portfolio of services and made-to-measure support.
Our Technical Department is responsible for the continuous improvement and enhancement of our high-tech products. Designing and developing individual solutions for the textile industry and working closely with leading textile machine producers creates a strong foundation for our innovative approach to business and the superior performance of our products.
Our quality assurance department uses in-depth controls to ensure that only first-class goods are shipped out to our customers. The resulting reliability and outstanding longevity of our products enjoy a well-earned reputation throughout our markets.
The quality of our work and the success of our company is measured by one all-important metric: customer satisfaction.
Our product portfolio covers the following:
- Thread break detectors for Tricot, Raschel, Weft insertion, Weaving and Tufting machines, featuring innovative laser light barrier technology and microcontroller-guided processes
- Camera systems for monitoring fabrics on Tricot and Raschel machines as well as carpets on Tufting machines
- Laser light barriers for the detection of thread breakages on Warping, Beaming, Sizing and Draw-warping machines
- Digital, camera-based thread counters for monitoring the yarn sheet on Warping, Beaming, Sizing and Draw-warping machines
- High-precision thread control devices for slub detection to capillary break identification on Warping, Beaming and Weaving machines
- Thread tension measuring devices for the continuous monitoring of tension in individual threads on Warping and Beaming machines
- Digital needle sensors for the detection of broken and bent needles on Circular knitting machines
PROTECHNA Herbst GmbH & Co. KG was founded by Guido Sturm, Wolfang Nietschke and Hans-Hermann Pridat.
The company headquarters were relocated from Düsseldorf to Ottobrunn near Munich.
Change of ownership
Klaus Wilhelmi becomes new owner of PROTECHNA.
PROTECHNA presents the SCANNER 5090.
PROTECHNA presents the CAMSCAN 5200.
PROTECHNA presents the LASERSTOP 4080.
PROTECHNA presents the WARPSTOP 3000.
PROTECHNA presents the CAMSCAN 5201.
PROTECHNA changes the company logo.
PROTECHNA presents the SCANNER 5390.
PROTECHNA becomes part of the Belgian VANDEWIELE Group.
PROTECHNA presents the LASERSTOP 2 4180.
The company headquarters were relocated from Ottobrunn to Neubiberg near Munich.
PROTECHNA presents the inspection system ARRAYCAM 5400.
PROTECHNA presents the CAMSCAN 3 5203.
PROTECHNA presents the TENSOSCAN 2 5374.
PROTECHNA presents the COGASTOP CREEL 2 3210.